An American (“petitioner“) begins the K1 visa application process on behalf a foreign fiancé(e) (“beneficiary”) by filing form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)) with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with form I-134 (Affidavit of Support).
Towards the end of the fiance visa process, the alien beneficiary will be required to attend an interview, where he or she will be asked a series of interview questions by a consular officer at the U.S. embassy.
1. What is your name?
2. Where were you born?
3. What is your nationality?
4. How old are you?
5. Have you ever been to the U.S.? If yes, on what visa? How long and where did you stay in the U.S. on that trip? Did you overstay?
6. Do you have any relatives in the U.S.?
7. Have you been sponsored for the K1 fiance visa before? What happened?
8. Have you been married before?
9. Are you divorced?
10. Do you have any children? How old are they? Will they accompany you or join you later?
- What is your fiance full name?
- What is your fiance date of birth
- Where was your fiance born?
- Where does your fiance live?
- Does your fiance live in an apartment or in a house? How long has your fiance lived there?
- Where do your fiance parents lived?
- What is your fiance occupation?
- What is your fiance salary?
- What kind of food your fiance like/dislike?
- How many siblings does your fiance have? Have you ever met them?
- Has your fiance ever been married? When did your fiance divorce or get the marriage annulled? Why didn’t your fiance previous marrriages work out?
- Does your fiance have any children? How old are they?
- Do the children live with your fiance? What is the custody arrangement
- What language(s) does your fiance speak?
- Has your fiance ever been arrested?
- How and where did both of you meet?
- How long have you known your fiance?
- When did you meet in person
- How have you kept in touch with your fiance (by chat/phone/email)?
- In what language do you and your fiance communicate?
- How and When did you or your fiance propose?
- What do you love about your fiance?
- Have you ever met your fiance parents? why or Why not?
- Have you met your fiance’s children?Why or Why not?
- Has your fiance ever visited you in your country? Have you visited your fiance in the U.S?
- Do you know any of your fiance friends?
- What is your religion & your fiance religion?
- When and Where did you get engaged?
- When and Where are you getting married?
- What day of the week is the wedding?
- What are your wedding plans?
- Where will the wedding be? How many guests will be invited?
- Will your family be able to attend?
- Why aren’t you getting married in your home country?
- Where is your honeymoon going to be?